Our Optimal Hormones MD Program Costs
You have a number of options with our Optimal Hormones Program.
The first option is which practitioner you would like to see for this – Dr. Connie Casad or her Nurse Practitioner Melissa Lang.
Irregardless of these options and variables, this is an expensive program and we want to be transparent about the costs that one will be looking at for the 1st year when they embark on it. After that, it is less when on a maintenance schedule of every 6 months.
Please understand that getting your hormones well-balanced and stabilized with diminished symptoms takes quite some work. For the first year you will be asked to come in every 3 months to check your levels and adjust them until we get everything just right. After that, follow up appointments are needed to monitor and balance your levels, as well as for continuing prescriptions. Shifts in diet and exercise, stress levels and other factors can affect your hormone levels. Continuing maintenance appointments will be every 6 months.
Estimate of Costs for the first year with Dr. Casad
For the first year you will see Dr. Casad every 3 months (4 times for that 1st year). You will get lab work done at least 2 weeks before each appointment. Any hormones or prescriptions issued will be for a 3 month supply.
Dr. Casad only offers a one year all inclusive package for all services. This includes the following:
- All appointments for the year with Dr. Casad – a minimum of 4.
- Customized Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy. Your Bioidentical Hormones will be uniquely prescribed based upon your lab results.
- Vitamin & Supplement Recommendations. All vitamin and supplement recommendations are critical nutrients needed for hormone metabolism, energy production and restorative sleep. Additionally, these products support the body’s natural detoxification mechanisms and overall health. Dr. Casad has carefully vetted key supplements that have proven efficacy for the best results. These supplements are included in the package and are not an additional expense.
- Comprehensive Lab Panels include: Hormone evaluation – Estrogen, Progesterone, Testosterone, a Complete Thyroid Panel, and DHEA Supplement evaluation including Vitamin D, Vitamin B-12, Ferritin, Magnesium and Folate, a General health panel including Liver function tests, Cardiac markers, Kidney function tests, Lipid testing, Glucose metabolism, PSA (men), LH/FSH, Homocysteine, Prolactin levels, and Cortisol levels.
- All compounded Bioidentical Hormone prescriptions are covered by the package and are not any additional expense.
Getting started as a new patient with Dr. Casad consists of a fee of $6995 which covers all of your appointments, all labs, all prescribed hormones, and supplements for one year. There is a $2000 deposit and the balance of $4995 is due at your first visit. The first appointment is a prescribing appointment and the second appointment is about 3 months later to check and adjust your levels.
Estimate of Costs for the first year with Nurse Practitioner Melissa Lang
For the first year you will see NP Lang every 3 months (4 times for that 1st year). You will get lab work done at least 2 weeks before each appointment. Any hormones or prescriptions issued will be for a 3 month supply.
The costs involved for that first year (estimated, as hormone costs can vary).
- When you book your first appointment a $250 deposit is required, which goes toward the cost of your initial 2-appointment package.
- Prior to your 1st appointment (usually about 2 weeks before), you will need to get a comprehensive set of labs. This may be covered by your health insurance, but we strongly recommend that you verify that with your insurance by calling the number on the back of your card and asking them. If they won’t cover these or will only cover a small percent, we have a discount program for labs. Your initial lab panel will cost $275.
- At your 1st appointment $245 is due, which is the balance of your initial 2-appointment package (combined cost of $495 for your 1st two visits, less your $250 deposit)
- Bioidentical Hormones – estimated anywhere between $100 – $800 for a 3-month supply of prescribed hormones from the compounding pharmacy (depends on what hormones, how many different ones and delivery method). $400 to $600 is not unusual.
- Recommended supplements can run you approximately $75 (these are optional).
- So at your 1st appointment you may be looking at approximately $500 to $900 that is due (which will cover you for 3 months including your next appointment).
- Your 2nd appointment – there is no appointment cost as you will have already paid for your 2-appointment package, but you will have hormone costs and any supplements, as well as lab costs if you are self-paying for labs on our discount program ($175 for labs).
- Your 3rd appointment – appointment cost of $250, plus hormone costs and any supplements, as well as lab costs if you are self-paying for labs on our discount program ($175 for labs).
- Your 4th appointment – appointment cost of $250, plus hormone costs and any supplements, as well as lab costs if you are self-paying for labs on our discount program ($175 for labs).
Total – approximately $3500 for the first year with Nurse Practitioner Lang, which comes to about $300 per month.
Your second year will only consist of 2 appointments every 6 month ($250 each) and a set of labs done before each appointment ($175 each if self pay), plus hormone and supplement costs.